Flying lesson Piper PA-28
Would you like to fly yourself in a Piper PA-28 Cherokee? You can! Book a flying lesson in this legendary four-seater aircraft. The Piper PA-28 is after the Cessna 172 the most sold small aircraft in the world. The big difference with the Cessna 172 is that the Piper is a low-decker; the wings are on the bottom. More than 32,500 of these aircraft have been built and the aircraft is still in production. The Piper PA-28 Cherokee was marketed with all kinds of different engines and configurations. The aircraft is therefore known under many names. The variant you will fly is the PA-28-161, the Piper PA-28 Warrior / Cadet.
To be able to fly in a Piper PA-28 a small drive across the border is necessary. The flying school is located at the airport of Aachen-Merzbrück. This is located against Aachen (Aachen) in Germany. Aachen is just across the border at less than 10km distance from Kerkrade. Aachen-Merzbrück is a nice small airport with several flying clubs and a nice restaurant (Albatros). Throughout the day there is a lot of activity to see from the various flight schools and clubs.
The time has come!
From the flight school you have a great view of the runway. Enjoy all the hustle and bustle of the airport. This will get you all in the mood!
You start with an explanation of the basics of flying. The instructor will answer important questions in this 'briefing'. How does an airplane stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and gauges for? Of course you can also ask all your questions. Are you coming to the flight school together with your partner, friend and/or family member? Then he/she is also allowed to be present. Then you all know what you will experience in the air. You do not have to pay extra for this. Of course, this also applies to the passengers.
The theory part always takes about 20 minutes, regardless of the time you choose for the practical part.
After the theory part you go with the instructor to the plane. First you check together whether the aircraft is ready for departure. Then you drive to the runway, this is called taxiing. Through the headphones you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor asks permission from the control tower to take off. And then the time has come! In the air you can fly the plane yourself. You get to fly everything yourself except the last part of the landing. Of course the instructor helps you with everything. He will take over if you want to look outside. Or if you want to make photos or a video.
How long the practical part takes you choose. The minimum is 20 minutes, but the longer, the more fun of course!
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Persons||1 - 3|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 14 on|
|Min. height||1.45 m|
|Minimum height of the participant|
|Max. length||1.95 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||240 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|20 minutes||€ 115|
|30 minutes||€ 136|
|45 minutes||€ 220|
|60 minutes||€ 317|
|Cost Flying lesson Piper PA-28|
- The Piper PA-28 is a four-person aircraft. So in addition to the student you can take one or two passengers
- You may bring your own GoPro or film yourself. The unit has an attachment point for your GoPro. There is no option to purchase a movie recording with your flight
- The prices are the total for the plane, including any passengers. You are the only ones on board
- Lessons are flown between 9.00 and 18.00 hours
- In summer we fly until 20.30 hours
- Count on about 40 minutes extra for theory, preparation, etc.
- There will only be flown during daylight, with sufficient visibility and when the wind is not too strong
- Call the day before your lesson if the weather is good enough to fly. You will receive the phone number with your reservation
- The lesson can be given in German, Dutch and English. If you want a Dutch instructor, please mention this in the remarks of your reservation
- Under 18's, written permission from both parents is required
- Identification is required; please bring your ID card, passport or driver's license
Click on the name to see how far you can fly in:
out of 5
5.0 out of 5
· September 2022
Erg kundige en ervaren docent die goed uitleg gaf, mooie locatie om overheen te vliegen, zelf veel mogen vliegen. Super ervaring
- Voor de start flinke regenbui, dus even moeten wachten met opstijgen, maar dat is overmacht