Aerobatics Extra 330 Aachen
Are you ready for the thrill of your life? Then step into this high performance Extra 330 LX and experience this fantastic "thrill ride". Perhaps the name Extra does not immediately mean something to you, but these devices are also used in the well-known air races. Many aerobatics legend has made his rounds in this fantastic device. The Extra 330 LX is therefore at the top of the wish list of many pilots!
What are you going to do?
You fly with a talented aerobatics pilot. Flying is a bit of an understatement. We are talking about an outright "thrill ride", also popularly known as stunt flying. The most bizarre roller coaster is nothing compared to the skills that you will fly together with the pilot. This experience is therefore not for the faint of heart. You will fly toll flights, spiral dives, loops, rolls and everything else you can expect. Almost nothing is too crazy for this device. Except flying straight ahead, because that's not what you come for of course.
To fly in an Extra 330LX, a short trip across the border is necessary. The flying school is located at Aachen-Merzbrück airport. This is close to Aachen (Aachen) in Germany. Aachen is just across the border, less than 10 km from Kerkrade. Aachen-Merzbrück is a cozy small airport with several flying clubs and a nice restaurant (Albatros). There is plenty of activity to see throughout the day from the various flying schools and clubs.
The Extra Flugzeugbau 330LX is a 2-seater aircraft that is suitable for aerobatics competitions (competition aerobatics) and that you also see a lot at air shows. The aircraft was designed in 1987 by Walter Extra, a legendary German aerobatics pilot. The Extra 330LX has a Lycoming engine of no less than 315 hp. This device can be used with 1 person and offered G-forces from -10 to +10, and with 2 people +/- 8G. Believe us, that's more than enough! If you also want to know how fast the device can roll on its axis: you can do that at 420°/second. In other words, you need 0.85 seconds to go over. Of course you don't have to, but you can!
Unlike most other experiences this is not a flying lesson, but we call it a "thrill ride". What the pilot will let you experience is too complicated to fly yourself right away. In short, you step in the front and let it all come to you. The total experience lasts about 60 minutes, of which you fly 20 minutes. That's more than enough, trust us. Before your flight you can choose whether you want to fly mild, spicy or extra spicy. Just think about it!
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 14 on|
|Max. length||1.95 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||125 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|Per persoon||€ 369|
|Cost Aerobatics Extra 330 Aachen|
- This flying lesson is in a two-person aircraft. So no other people can join besides you and the pilot
- You can bring your own GoPro or film yourself. The device has an attachment point for your GoPro. There is no possibility to buy a film recording with your flight
- As a participant you are in the front of the plane, the pilot is in the back
- On weekends, we fly until 13.00 pm because of noise limits
- Lessons are flown between 9.00 and 18.00 hours
- In summer we fly until 20.30 hours
- Count on about 40 minutes extra for theory, preparation, etc.
- There will only be flown during daylight, with sufficient visibility and when the wind is not too strong
- Call the day before your lesson if the weather is good enough to fly. You will receive the phone number with your reservation
- The lesson can be given in German, Dutch and English. If you want a Dutch instructor, please mention this in the remarks of your reservation
- Under 18's, written permission from both parents is required
- Identification is required; please bring your ID card, passport or driver's license