Basic flying lesson Aken
A flying lesson in a Diamond DA20 is a basic flying lesson in a two-seater aircraft. You fly together with only an instructor. The basic flying lesson in the sports aircraft is one of the most bought experiences. And with good reason! It is the most fun way to get acquainted with flying.
To fly in a Diamond DA20 a little drive across the border is necessary. The flight school is located at the airport of Aachen-Merzbrück. This is located near Aachen in Germany. Aachen is located just across the border, less than 10 km from Kerkrade. Aachen-Merzbrück is a cosy little airfield with several flying clubs and a nice restaurant (Albatros). There is a lot of activity to see during the day from the different flight schools and clubs.
The time has come!
From the flight school you have a great view on the runway. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of the airport. This will get you all in the mood!
You start with an explanation of the basics of flying. The instructor will answer important questions in this 'briefing'. How does an aircraft stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and gauges for? Of course, you can also ask any questions you may have. Are you coming to the flying school together with your partner, friend and/or family member? Then he/she is also allowed to be present. Then you all know what you will experience in the air. You do not have to pay extra for this. Of course, this also applies to the passengers.
The theory part always takes about 20 minutes, regardless of the time you choose for the practical part.
After the theory part, you will go to the aircraft with the instructor. First, you check together whether the aircraft is ready for departure. Then you drive to the runway, this is called taxiing. Through the headphones you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor asks permission from the control tower to take off. And then the moment has arrived! In the air, you can fly the plane yourself. You can fly everything by yourself except for the last part of the landing. Of course, the instructor will help you with everything. He will take over if you want to look outside. Or if you want to take pictures or a video.
You choose how long the practical part takes. The minimum is 20 minutes, but the longer, the more fun!
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 14 on|
|Min. height||1.45 m|
|Minimum height of the participant|
|Max. length||1.85 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||90 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|20 minutes||€ 125|
|30 minutes||€ 155|
|45 minutes||€ 219|
|60 minutes||€ 289|
|Cost Basic flying lesson Aken|
- The Diamond DA-20 is a two-seater aircraft. Besides the student and instructor, no passengers can be carried.
- If you are taller than 1,85m or weigh more than 90kg, you can also fly a Cessna 150 or Pipistrel Virus at this airport.
- You may bring your own GoPro or film yourself. The aircraft has an attachment point for your GoPro. There is no possibility to buy a movie recording with your flight.
- Lessons are flown between 9.00 and 18.00 hours
- In summer we fly until 20.30 hours
- Count on about 40 minutes extra for theory, preparation, etc.
- There will only be flown during daylight, with sufficient visibility and when the wind is not too strong
- Call the day before your lesson if the weather is good enough to fly. You will receive the phone number with your reservation
- The lesson can be given in German and English.
- Identification is required; please bring your ID card, passport or driver's license
Click on the name to see how far you can fly in:
out of 5
5.0 out of 5
· July 2023
Geweldig! Instructeur liet me vanaf opstijgen al veel alleen doen. Driekwart van de vliegtijd (1 uur) alleen gevlogen. Dit vraagt naar een vervolg.
- Zelfstandig vliegen, duidelijke instructies, vriendelijke instructeur, goed materiaal.
- Niets. Was perfect!
· March 2023
Super ervaring, erg vriendelijke ontvangst en duidelijke uitleg!
- Ontvangst, begeleiding, service
· October 2021