A tandem jump is the way to get acquainted with parachuting (skydiving). You jump out of an airplane with an instructor from a height of 3 km (9,000 feet). For anyone who finds a normal tandem jump not extreme enough: jump from 13,000 feet! That is a whopping 4 kilometers. With this Extreme Skydive, the free fall lasts twice as long.
This adventure takes place on Texel, the largest Dutch Wadden Island. You have never seen our Wadden Islands in this way. Because of the varied landscape you always have a special view. Polders, sandy beaches, dunes, grasslands, heath and forest; Texel has it all.
Do you dare?
Skydiving cannot be compared to anything else. It is an unforgettable, sensational experience that you must do at least once. Almost all daredevils have it on their bucket list. A normal tandem jump is already a very cool experience. The Extreme Skydive takes it to the next level. Because you do not jump from 9,000 feet but from 13,000 feet, the free fall lasts a full minute!
When you arrive at the airport you are immediately in the mood. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of planes that are constantly taking off and landing. In addition, you will of course see many skydivers, you can admire their entire jump from start to finish. This way you will get more excited about your own jump!
You jump together with an experienced instructor, also known as a tandem master. This means you don't have to have any skydive experience yourself. You get a clear explanation before the jump, so you know exactly what is expected of you. Safety first of course. You put on an overall and a harness. And very trendy glasses. Otherwise you will not see anything because of the wind.
Skydiving from 9,000 feet
When everything is checked, you'll get on the plane and climb to a height of 3 kilometers. From there you have a beautiful view. You will be attached to the instructor and ready for the jump. The jump starts with a free fall. You achieve speeds of up to 200 km/h. This takes about half a minute and then the large parachute opens. You float down slowly on the parachute. Enjoy the view and listen to the sounds on the ground. It is a surreal experience. You make the perfect landing under the watchful eye of your family and friends.
Extreme Skydive from 13,000 feet
You follow almost the same program with the Extreme Skydive. At a height of 3 kilometers, the other skydivers prepare for the jump. Other tandem jumpers are attached to the instructor. The door opens, and you can see them jump out of the plane. Great to see! But you stay put. After you have 'dropped off' the first group at 3 kilometers, the door closes and the aircraft continues to climb. You see the wonderful world below you becoming smaller and smaller. And then it is time: 13,000 feet / 4 kilometers. You are attached to your tandem master and slide to the open door. Then you can clearly see how high 4 kilometer really is, you suddenly understand why it is called an Extreme Skydive.
And then: the jump. You fall as much as 60 seconds before the parachute opens. Texel is getting closer and closer at 200 kilometers per hour. Then the instructor opens the parachute and you calmly float down. All of a sudden everything is very calm and quiet. A huge contrast with the free fall.
You do not need any experience for the tandem jump or Extreme Skydive. You jump together with an experienced tandem master. He or she has already made thousands of jumps and keeps everything under control. There are a number of requirements regarding age, health and physique. You can find these under the headings specifications and remarks at the bottom of this page.
Jump together with your friends?
It is of course super cool to share this experience with friends or family. You can usually jump out of the same plane. Up to 7 duos can join in the same plane. This does depend on the (weather) conditions. If you book multiple jumps in one order, you will (as much as possible) be planned in the same plane.
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Persons||1 - 7|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 8 on|
|Min. height||1.20 m|
|Minimum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||100 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|1 person||€ 199|
|2 persons||€ 398|
|3 persons||€ 597|
|4 persons||€ 796|
|5 persons||€ 995|
|Cost Skydive Texel|
- Jumping is only possible in good weather conditions: sufficient visibility, the wind not too strong and dry.
- Call the location on the day of your jump to see if we can jump. You will receive the phone number with your reservation.
- Depending on the weather conditions and the activity on the field the agreed times can be a bit longer.
- Total program takes about 2 hours
- At three kilometers altitude it is cooler than on the ground. You are so full of adrenaline that you do not even notice it
- When booking, you immediately book a reporting time. This is the time at which you must be present to register.
- This experience can also be followed in English
- Jumping can be done from about 8 years of age. It is important that you fit well in the harness, for this you must be at least 120cm and have a normal posture. Under 18 years, written permission from one of the parents is required
- There is no maximum age, as long as you have a reasonable condition and meet the other requirements, you can jump far beyond your retirement age.
- Skydiving during pregnancy is not recommended.
- Before landing it is important that you can pull your knees up to your chest.
- If conditions are very favorable, persons of slightly over 100kg can also jump. Please contact us for more information before you make a reservation.
- You can also have this unique experience recorded by a cameraman (or woman). The cameraman will film you during the briefing, in the plane and will jump with you. He will film the entire jump including free fall and landing. Afterwards the images will be edited and you will receive a link to download them. On the ground and in the plane the cameraman can film several jumpers. In the air he can only focus on one tandem. This option is only available during the summer season, from April to October.
out of 5
4.9 out of 5
· September 2022
It was amazing experience. I recommend to everyone!
- I don't have minpunten 😊
· August 2022
Fantastisch geweldig supergaaf
- De vrije val was t mooiste
- Niks het is superleuk gedaan
· June 2022
Superspannend en leuk
- Goede ervaren instructeur
- Lange wachttijd, twee uur, maakt zenuwachtig, en chaotische voorlichting waarom je niet op de afgesproken tijd kan springen
· July 2022
Super gaaf en spannend vooral toen die deur open ging en mijn beentjes buitenboord kwamen en er geen weg terug was. Die vrije val met een snelheid van 200 km/uur ( was blij dat er snelheids controle was😂). Mijn eerste sprong echt een belevenis.
- Echt goede begeleiding en hele aardige leuke mensen.
- Wat voor mij minder mooi was een snelle afdaling en het snel draaien daar heb ik een wit neusje van overgehouden en voelde mij na afloop niet echt super. Maar ondanks dit was het super leuk en bij een eventuele volgende keer zou ik mijn tandem man/vrouw vragen geen snelle draaien te maken. Super beleving, bedankt voor alles.
· June 2022
· June 2022
Voor herhaling vatbaar!
- Goede instructeurs